Size: cm 20 x 25 x 9
Weight: kg 1,7
Handcrafted in Florence
The Romanelli Gallery Studio, founded in 1829 by Lorenzo Bartolini and later passed on to his favourite pupil Pasquale Romanelli, is one of the oldest sculpture studios in Europe.
In 1860, Pasquale also founded an Art Gallery and was the first of five generations of Romanelli sculptors who took over the management: he was followed by his son Raffaello, then Romano, Folco and today his son Raffaello, who specialises in portraits that can be made in plaster, bronze and marble, depending on the customer’s wishes. Raphael also continues with his famous teaching activity, handing down the ancient techniques of modelling in clay.
The space houses hundreds of plaster models, collected by the gallery over almost two centuries. The ancient working tools are also still visible today: the rotating pedestal in the centre of the room on which the great monuments are sculpted, or the two ram’s heads facing each other on the north and south walls, winches used to lift the statues to the upper floors.